Originally Posted by scoony
Just got my first AR10. I have an AR15 in 5.56 and 6.8. Got this one cheap from PSA. $540 including tax, plus another $25 at the LGS for the transfer. 20" SS barrel 1-10 twist with rifle length gas. I added the MAGPUL stock and a AR Stoner muzzle brake.

[Linked Image]

Shot it for the first time Saturday. Seems a bit over gassed. Brass was landing 10-12' away and the brass was beat up pretty bad.

First up was a box factory Winchester 150 PP to zero and check cycling on the center target. This ammo shoots about 1.5" in my bolt gun so I was not expecting much. Had one box left so used it here.

Then 3 rounds of SSA 168 gr match factory rounds to check accuracy potential on the left upper orange dot. This was only 3 rounds, but they show great potential for this barrel. Now if I can duplicate that load. That factory ammo shoots the same from my bolt gun.

I had loaded 40 rounds of Hornady 155 amax with a mid range load of CFE223 just to break in the action/barrel, but only fired 10 rounds on the right side of the target.Those were just a tad on the hot side so I will reduce the loads a little. I was not aiming real carefully, more focused on checking the cycling.

[Linked Image]

My AR15s have adjustable gas blocks and I have them tuned to where they shoot reliably but soft. Brass lands 3' away. I am planning on getting a adjustable gas block for this AR10 and hope to soften it up a little.

Great report on your new rifle. Good luck with it. It looks sweet and one hell of a good deal.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA