Originally Posted by JPro
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Id still like to know how that rifle shoots in the black rifle challenge here. 3 shot groups arent really a good indicator of how "accurate" a rifle truly is.... mine shoots sub 1/2 moa 3 shot groups with the load it likes. Hell, it even shoots sub 3/4 moa 5 shot groups out to 450 yards with the 168 Hornady match bullets. But i straight up call it an honest 1.6 moa rifle.

I wasn't familiar with the black rifle challenge, so I took a look. I'm sure it's a good assessment of mechanical accuracy, and I might be interested in such a challenge with a rifle set up to be a PRS rig, or a heavy chunk built for prairie dog towns or possibly just LR targets. The R-25 GII is not what I'd consider for that role, and for me, a lightweight, hunting-style rifle that was purchased for pigs and deer inside 300-350yds does not really require such a stringent test. It'd be interesting, I suppose, but if this rifle will group three shots in 1 MOA in three consecutive groups (especially in different conditions/days/ranges), I consider it a MOA gun for my purposes. Just one three-shot group? Then probably not, although it's always nice to see promising signs of things that may come....

Thanks Jpro. It's always "interesting" and imformative to see how our rifles shoot, regardless of how heavy they are. Currently, 2 of my lightest rifles I own are known sub moa in the "moa all day long challenge". As for the black rifle challenge here, my lightest barreled AR shoots the best of all of my AR's and it is a cheapy barrel at that. I'd say the barrel profile/contour is similar to your R25. Also, my AR10 will only shoot 1.6 moa in the challenge. Hence the reason for asking how yours does. Another big reason is because I was seriously considering buying a rifle similar to yours. These things were made to shoot. Shooting 3 shot groups is almost pointless when it comes to shooting an AR, even if you are considering it a "hunting" rifle. I don't like to waste my time with 3 shot groups:
[Linked Image]

They are just plain boring and don't really give you the full jest of what the rifle really shoots like. Again, not calling you out, just wondering how yours really shoots. I could just say mine is a sub 1/4 moa all day long rifle, but in reality it is not...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA