I've been a Glock guy since I was a young patrol officer in 1987. We had to carry .38 special revolvers, but in the winter under a coat, I carried my Gen 1 Glock 17 as a backup in a shoulder holster. Always shot perfect scores with that pistol. I sold the Gen 1 in 1990 when we went to the S&W 4506 .45acp. Actually, the powers that be stopped us from carrying anything but S&W autos. When they relaxed the regs again, I went back to Glock. I now own a G43 and G19 in 9mm, a G27 and G22 in .40 S&W, a G20SF in 10mm, and a G30SF in .45acp. I've been retired from Law Enforcement for about a year. My two favorite EDC guns are the Glock 43, and an S&W 642 .38 special. When I was a plain clothes UC guy for the last 7 years of my career, I carried my Glock 27 with a Glock 23 mag in my pocket. Both loaded with Federal 180 grain HST. My church carry pistol is my Gen 5 Glock 19 loaded with 124 grain Underwood Gold Dots at 1300 fps. I'm around a bunch of Glock hating Springfield XD guys all the time. They bad mouth Glocks all the time. None of them can outshoot me!

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell