My department, Columbus P.D., did a test and evaluation on several pistols in 2006 to replace the aging S&W 4506s that we were issued in 1990. They decided on the S&W M&P in 40 S&W. The main reason this pistol was chosen over the Glock 22 .40 S&W was the fear of negligent discharges when pulling the Glock's trigger to disassemble for cleaning. The M&P feels as good in my hand as any pistol I've ever held, I just don't trust it. Sometimes it wouldn't lock open on an empty magazine. sometimes it would slam closed when a full mag was inserted. Minor stuff? Maybe, but I like my firearms to work like they're supposed to. Because I was assigned to a covert unit, I was allowed to carry my Glock 27, or my department owned covert gun, a Gen 2 Glock 23. Later this year, I hear that CPD will transition to the S&W M&P in 9mm. The reason? Easier to handle for "Smaller framed officers" I'm pretty sure they mean women. I have total faith in my Glock pistols to perform as advertised!

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell