^^^^^^^
I didn't create the term "Glock Leg", nor have I studied the statistics of accidental or negligent discharges.

I will not repeat (well, I guess I will . . . ) what I wrote about a job for you thumb to do, but the designs are what they are. Please note that what I said about holstering guns without a job for your thumb was that you need to be especially careful. I chose those words specifically to avoid relative terms (i.e. less safe, more dangerous) because they just cause arguments that miss the point.
Example: A great way to avoid an AD/ND with a pistol is to carry it with the chamber empty. Well, duh? But pulling a "less dangerous" pistol in a bad situation sure as hell could make the situation "more dangerous" for me! See? "Dangerous" is relative. What's the difference between "careful" and "especially careful"? I dunno. Again, I was trying to avoid arguments that miss the point.

The fact that there are steps you can take with some designs that you cannot take with others is what it is. That's not relative.

I don't know the specifics of the two AD/ND events with revolvers that you have first hand knowledge of ("know of".) All I know is I pin the hammer on a revolver when I holster it. I even do so with a single action revolver. It is a good habit and it is a final check that I'm not trying to holster a cocked single action.

Same thing with a DAO semi-auto. Same thing with a Glock if it has a "Gadget" on it. If there is a something to pin, it gets pinned. If a "cocked and locked" pistol, my thumb is holding the safety in the "safe" position. It is not so much that I'm worried about the safety getting pushed off, though that is possible. It is the fact that if I hold it "on", it is a final check that it has in fact been placed in the "on" position.

Another design that leaves your thumb with no job to do are revolvers with fully enclosed hammers. They do tend to have a longer and heavier trigger action than a striker fired pistol, but they still have no way for you to "pin" the action or insure a safety is engaged.

The best "pithy" description of striker fired, no thumb safety pistols I ever heard came from trainer Darryl Bolke, someone with a great deal of knowledge and experience. He said, "I handle them like rattlesnakes." FWIW, there were times in his career when he carried a Glock.
He has also written some very thoughtful stuff about "street triggers", but that is another subject.

There is no arguing your observation that careless gun handling can get you regardless of gun design. I agree with it absolutely. I'm sure people got accidentally killed with flintlock pistols.

Edit to add: To be clear, I'm not saying people shouldn't carry a Glock, or anything else they want to carry. We all hope the people who handle guns in our presence know their gun and how to handle it safely. For that matter, ourselves as well.

Last edited by GunDoc7; 06/15/19.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"