Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by JamesJr
UPDATE...........we had a inch and a half of rain last night, and when I went out to the garden this morning, there were fresh coon tracks going into the corn, so the thief had a brother, or wife, or cousin. Apparently the electricity went off sometimes during the storm, because the radio had quit playing. The thing is, they are walking right past a live trap baited with canned cat food and marshmallows, as well as a dogproof trap. I guess the sweet corn is more of an attractant than anything else I'm using. One year I strung an electric fence wire about 6 inches off the ground, and that stopped them.

Did I forget to mention, that I hate a frigging coon.

LITTLE DEBBIE HONEY BUNS

Stop being a wabigoon and pretending youre not seeing this.

For the 11th fuggin time, coons raiding sweet corn are on a carb kick, they don't give a nod to sardines or catfood. They ain't craving protien.

Have to use something more powerful than the sweet corn.

Might need a hav-a-hart box trap to contain the sticky bun.

[Linked Image][url

Haven't been ignoring your advice, just have been using what I have on hand, and what usually works for me. If it weren't for my dog and cat, I'd do the Coke-fly spray thing. I'll get some honey buns and try them. The biggest problem has been the constant rain the past few weeks, and how it keeps messing up the bait.