Excellent read... Got my first chronograph in 1997. The base model shooting chrony. Sent it back to the company in 2007 for an upgrade with more memory and a readout screen that could sit right on the bench next to you while in use. It's been checked against a couple other chrono's over the years and seems accurate enough for my amateur usage. Either that or both chrono's were uniformly inaccurate.. Some years ago I did some research on bullet drop from 100 to 200 yds. with a .303 British,( not exactly considered a flat shooter) based on velocity data from the shooting chrony and Ballistics program data from the old "Load From A Disc" computer program that's now history. Based on the B.C. of the bullet I was using and the velocity I recorded the Load From Disc program made a pretty good prediction of what kind of drop I should see. It was close enough to give me a little faith in both the chronograph and the ballistics program. For us old guys it's amazing to think that chronographs would someday be so common and affordable ; along with being able to teach us much more than just muzzle velocity..