Pete,

I've used it at the range probably 8-10 times now, so can provide something of a review already. Here are the positives:

Unlike the other popular chronograph that doesn't have to be out in front of the bench, the Magnetospeed, I don't have to change the chronograph from rifle to rifle, and the Labradar also doesn't affect accuracy or point-of-impact, as the Magnetospeed usually does. (Or, if using the MS on a stand, as some people do, I don't have to align the Labradar perfectly and closely in front of the muzzle for every rifle.)

It sets up very easily.

The 100-yard range I usually shoot at has target stands not just at 100 yards but 25, 50 and 75,, lined up alternately alongside the lane to the 100-yard target. Unlike light-screen chronographs, I can shoot at any of them without have to move the chronograph. This saves a considerable amount of time, as I normally shoot several rifles (and sometimes handguns or slug guns) during each range session.

I have read reviews of the Labradar that said it went through batteries very quickly--and it uses 6 AA's, which can get expensive. I purchased a batch of 24 at a local store, rather than automatically buying the optional rechargeable battery pack, to see if this was true. So far have not had to change the first set of batteries, perhaps because I turn the unit off when needing to change rifles or targets.

Here are the negatives:

Unlike the Oehler 35P, it doesn't provide a double-check of each bullet's velocity.

It also doesn't work on bullets under .20 caliber or going over 4000 fps, and the Oehler does. I don't shoot many of those, but still do more than occasionally (probably more than most shooters) because of what I do.

According to the directions, it won't work down around zero Fahrenheit, and I usually do some 0 (or minus) testing every winter. In 2017-18, for example, I made four cold tests with various rifles and loads. I haven't had an opportunity to test this, because the coldest its been since purchasing the Labradar is around 35-40.

Unless those limitations change, the Oehler is still my go-to-chronograph for many purposes.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck