Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Started out with a Chrony back around '99 and it still works fine albeit at the home of a friend. Pro Chrono showed up several years back and I have no problem with its performance. I never was one to pursue high velocity with any firearm, preferring precision instead.

I was a bit bemused to discover that low velocity spreads were not the Holy Grail. That came to light one day when a 5 fps spread was FAR less precise than 25 fps, this with a .338 Win.

ahumm - Oh yes, my friend. You'd 'think' that 'consistent' velocities INDICATE an accurate load . But NOT necessarily so.
There are other things that enter the equation. So far I haven't found THE thing most important to tell me what an accurate is........

other than shooting groups.

Jerry

True, consistent velocity doesn't indicate an accurate load. However, once you've sorted the accuracy out, it's important for long range shooting if you're into that.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal