Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Started out with a Chrony back around '99 and it still works fine albeit at the home of a friend. Pro Chrono showed up several years back and I have no problem with its performance. I never was one to pursue high velocity with any firearm, preferring precision instead.

I was a bit bemused to discover that low velocity spreads were not the Holy Grail. That came to light one day when a 5 fps spread was FAR less precise than 25 fps, this with a .338 Win.

ahumm - Oh yes, my friend. You'd 'think' that 'consistent' velocities INDICATE an accurate load . But NOT necessarily so.
There are other things that enter the equation. So far I haven't found THE thing most important to tell me what an accurate load is........

other than shooting groups.

Jerry

Well, I was new enough at the game that I didn't know what to think actually, but I was full up with dogma and that's a fact. It was shortly after that that I read "Rifle Accuracy Facts" by Harold Vaughn and came to the conclusion it's a miracle that anyone can hit anything with a rifle or pistol. We are nothing more than conductors for the Chaos Opera.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain