Originally Posted by River_Ridge
When buying a used Tacoma/Tundra do you look for a Certified Used one or doesn't it matter?

I bought a 2009 Certified preowned Tacoma ....a week after buying it , I had the rear wheel bearing replaced. A year after I had it , the door was scratched , I bought touch up paint from the toyo dealer using the paint code on the door. It didn't come close to matching. I have a good relationship with my local Toyo dealer and he agreed that it was in an accident. That was never disclosed on the Carfax or any documentation the dealer provided. Incidentally the truck was not purchased at my local Toyo dealer but at a scumbag dealership located in Charlotte .

I traded it in and got what I paid for it originally a year later . My advice is to buy it from a Toyota dealer and have a outside mechanic go over it before you sign on the dotted line.

I have had 3 Tacomas and One Tundra 2017... I now have a 2006 Tacoma 4.0 6spd. Tundra is a nicer riding truck but gets horrendous gas mileage. The Tacoma quite frankly does not do a whole lot better.