I had a 2017 Toyota Tacoma DC for right at six months. Loved the truck when it was just me and the wife inside. Ride was a bit rough on the back roads where I live, but enjoyed the fuel economy of around 21 MPG mixed driving (this was the 3.5l V6). I encountered problems when towing my 5200 LB trailer on the highway and hills, mind you this is in the deep South so no mountains really. The truck would struggle to maintain speed on the freeway with crazy high revs and the same with the hills. The continual downshifts were annoying. Second complaint was when we had our grand-daughter with us in the back in her car seat. Her feet would extend into the front of the cab and rest on the center console (this for a 3-year old). So lack of space and power had me trade it and eat some reverse equity for a 2018 Tundra.

The Tundra has been a worry-free dream to own. No issues with power or space. The only complaint is the fuel mileage, but it is not so bad that I would ever consider selling it. Roughly 8 MPG towing and 15.5 mixed MPG otherwise (5.7l V8 2WD).

Last edited by Mink; 07/19/19.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell