Have a '12 tacoma off road short box. Has 166K on it. Bought it because I got tired of taking a beating on the big 3 with resale/trade. Most miles I ever put on a truck but my business has me traveling a couple days a week 100-200 miles per day, so I bought the tacoma knowing I would put on more miles (for me) and knew it would last. Parking, maneuvering on/off road, etc much better than a full size.
Replaced front wheel bearings on both, had some air compressor valve or what ever it was replaced and then fought with toyota for a year to get reimbursed since there was a recall a month later ($1000 repair). They finally made good after getting my birth certificate, sex orientation, finger prints, hat size, and pictures of my dogs that ride in the truck. Other than that it has been a good truck that I'll probably keep another year or 3.
Thinking of going back to a full size though, but if I get another tacoma, long box for sure. Or I may just keep this one indefinitely as a beater, run the nuts off it and lease a full size as my "good" truck.