Originally Posted by River_Ridge
When buying a used Tacoma/Tundra do you look for a Certified Used one or doesn't it matter?

Try finding one on the west coast. WA, OR, Nevada. It won't be all rusted to hell.... I have an 04' Tacoma double cab and a 00' Tundra. Both are rust free and will last me the rest of my lifetime with proper preventative maintenance:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

When I first got my Tundra, I figured I'd sell the Taco, but later changed my mind when I found out the Tundra actually does better on fuel than the Taco. On a recent trip to Reno, I averaged 19 mpg with the Tundra. On a good day, the Taco only gets 18 on the freeway. And the wind better be in my favor to do that. However, the Taco has its strong points. It's excellent for those tight roads and goat trails when getting to my favorite hunting spots. The Tundra beats the hell out of the Taco for hauling and towing stuff though. I will keep both trucks, as they will last a looooooong time: The main reason for buying Toyota pickups. I have a buddy that has owned a 98 TRD extended cab, since it was new, and has not even changed the original brakes yet. Although, he's done all the required upkeep to it and it still runs like a champ. Why throw money at Ford or Chevy or Dodge, when you can own a truck that isn't going to nickel and dime you to death?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA