Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I know it’s a odd question but had to let a employee go the other day he kept pestering me for a dollar raise hadn’t been there 3 months I kept telling him to wait for 6 months I new he was worth the raise but he hadn’t been with me long enough to trust so discussing it with my wife when I got to bed I explained how long it took me to get to that amount and wished I could find an old check stub from that period I told her I was going to read awhile and picked up a book I hadn’t read in several years and low and behold when I opened it one of those stubs fell out that my dad had wrote who died in 2016 I own the business now and 3rd generation

So he was worth the raise but you let him go.............Hard to wrap my head around that one. As hard as it is to find decent employees these days I would think one would want to keep a good one when they found one.

Why didn’t you tell him he was deserving of the raise, but he wasn’t getting it until he was there 6 months?

That's why I absolutely cannot work for other people.

I do like to think that I have been the type boss that tries to listen and understand my employees though...

I remember what it's like to ask for time off to go do something really important, only to be denied. Or listen to why an employee needed an advance or thought they needed a raise.

You just never know what someone has going on at home away from work. One employee needed a raise and advance. I asked why, and was told he little sister had cancer, and he mom had to quit her job to care for her, and he had to support them one way or another...

I gave him the raise and the advance with a note on the check stub he didn't have to pay it back... Just pay it forward when the time was right.
I'll be darned. You sound like a good guy to work for.