[Donning my serious hat]

I'll assume from the "PA" moniker that you're not in the Rockies, and your hunting area is not 10,000 acres of wide open ground. Accordingly, I'd recommend a quality 8x32.

Originally Posted by kingston
The Sightron Blue Sky 8x32 is also a great low priced binocular that sells for <$200. https://amzn.to/317uQKR
It’s been around a while and for 50%-100% more $ it would have a lot of competition.

That particular Sightron model has way more fans than most, so there's probably a good reason for it. Getting it from Amazon would be about as no-risk as you could get.

I'd also add the Leupold Mojave BX3 8x32 (one model previous to the current one) for your consideration: one could probably find used specimens for $300. I snagged the Cabela's Guide Series version of that one, and I'm still blown away by it.

I've seen good things about the Athlon Midas bins (and have very pleased with an Athlon scope & spotter), but I don't believe they offer it in a 8x32. The Ares line is supposed to be a step-up from the Midas, and they do offer a 8x36. It shows a bit heavier than the Sightron, and it runs $60 over your price limit. Maybe give Doug a call, and see if he could work you a special deal to give one a try. He is the consummate optics enabler, y'know...

Originally Posted by kingston
I’d consider anything JG recommends without reservations

+1.

FC

Last edited by Folically_Challenged; 10/10/19.

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC