Originally Posted by efw

Thanks Kingston I think that makes the point as well as anything could.

I used to think like SB but tried some compact 7.5xs one time and it made a believer of me.

Great tips here fellas I marked those Athalons. I have a very nice pair of Vortex 8x42mm but they’re huge and bulky for sitting in a deer stand in tight cover; great for sitting on a western hillside with a tripod. Gonna get me a pair of those Athalons!

Hope everyone has a great weekend,

Efw

Optics have just plain improved. Two things I found is that dielectric coatings have made roofs palatable to me as far as brightness goes -and like you have been leaving my bigger 8x42's at home in favor of the Zen Ray 8x32's. The second thing might be that my eyes are now years older so maybe the larger exit pupil is less of a factor.

For some silly reason- and this forum maybe- I am always interested in something new. Just have yet to find the ZR's lacking in any way to justify a new toy. Easy to tote, good adjustments, view and brightness all are just working for me.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius