It's been probably 10 years since I've researched binos seriously, but here's some observations from seeing the younger hunters buying and selling, always changing it seems. Optics are a big deal for us coues hunters and it's a good testing ground for the good, bad and great.

Vortex has a big following but I see some inconsistencies with their owners. A few years ago the 12x50 razors were all the rage for tripod glassing... had to have them, sell the swaros buy the razor. And then a bunch were back up for sale in the classifieds. I asked my young buddy that had to have them why he then put them up for sale?... well I just want to find something different... no one actually bad mouths them as they want their money back in resale, but they sure sell a bunch of used ones... to buy the latest swaros.

Lots of binos in the classifieds on the local coues deer site, why do they use Vortex quality to compare to their less expensive bino... here's an exert from a recent add, it's the norm and the same comparisons were used in this thread...

'Newest model Cabela’s Euro Instinct HD binoculars less than a year old. They are the 10x42 model and made by Meopta. I love these binos but bought some Swaro SLCs and no longer need them. The glass quality, in my opinion, is better than my Vortex Razors.'

For each model vortex there is a less expensive alternative, hundreds less, at least in the eyes of those that bought them.

On the other hand, Chinese Zen ray... they were really pushed as HD, less expensive, great binos for the price, comparable to the high enders, on and on... Ton of people bought them because of the hype. What happened? they are gone now, along with some others.

I would be careful buying new company binos because of hype... Vortex would be a better bet in that case.

Binos are getting like computers and cell phones... the newest latest must haves and 6 months later it's another direction. I'm glad I'm to old to want to change what I have, I'm way behind the times and worthless in what's the fads now.

Kent