I'm not a big fan of Vortex Vipers. I bought the German Minox 10x44 when Doug had it for $300.. I found it superior to my Vortex Viper 10x50's in view, sharpness and ergonomics.

In addition to the sharpness of the glass, I'm talking about little things that make a big difference in usability: like how the eye cups click solidly into place as you raise them up (or down when wearing glasses - with plenty of eye relief); how the diopter won't be easily bumped out of position, leaving you with a fuzzy image; how easily the lenses line up with my eyes so I don't have to jiggle them around, giving me a sharp view all the way out to the edges; how the focus is smoother and not as fast, making it easier to zero in on a target.

Doug told me the sharpness of this Minox is somewhere in between the Vortex Viper and the Vortex Razor - I haven't used the Razors, but from my experience with the Vipers, I believe him.

If you get your hands on the Minox, you REALLY won't be disappointed!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke