Originally Posted by kevinJ
Do not discount the 300 blackout for kids. Under 100 yards with the 125nbt they are plenty enough for deer. Plus no recoil

My hunting buddies daughter uses one with barnes 110 tac and has shot 3 deer. All three DRT

Mine practices with subs suppressed or a 22lr. Then switches over. If you already have one I wouldn’t discount using it

OK with the 300 BLK in mind a few concerns.

1st the short barrel scares me from the standpoint it just seems to easy for anyone let alone a youth to place a finger over the barrel & pull the trigger shocked
2nd with this short barrel I sure would like to use a moderator for 2 purposes, quieter of coarse & the longer length should go a long way to reduce the chance of #1 What would it take to make it legal for a youth to use a moderator in this country? ATF in all their wisdom makes it illegal for a youth to protect their hearing with a moderator under any circumstances if I understand things right. Grr May a youth use a silencer to hunt with the owners supervision? If not what do we need to do to afford them this hearing protection measure?

One of the main reasons I like the Grendel over the Blackout is the longer barrel goes a long way towards making the report quieter for the shooter. That short barrel sure does bark un-nessisarly without a IMHO

Last edited by Hunterapp; 10/14/19.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19