Originally Posted by kevinJ
When I recommended the 300blk I wasn’t necessarily recommending a SBR. Although it would be handy in the treestand.

Mine is a model 7 in 300blk with a 16” barrel. With the suppressor on it there is no recoil, and the noise from supersonic loads won’t ring your ears. I just switch the stock back and forth between a youth stock and the factory kuiu stock as needed.

Subsonic are crazy quiet, and the kids can practice very comfortably with them

For anyone to use your suppressor You just have to be present with them, and they need to be legal to own or posses a firearm. For kids that means under adult supervision.

Well I have not applied for a tax stamp yet So I do not have a suppressor, That being said it looks like the Grendel and the 300 blk are very comparable in terms of recoil all else being equal. If I had a suppressor the 300 BLK would defiantly be the go to gun. As things stand for this season I am leaning to the Grendel with 100 gr TSX at 3700FPS or so.

Yea I would have been glad to shoot any of these when I was his age. though I had to wait another 3 years as we could not hunt deer until we were 12. Model 760 6MM Rem is what I started off with. And I was Glad to have it. Worked like a champ IMHO. Still i prefer a bolt action and have become very fond of the CZ 527 to be sure.

Last edited by Hunterapp; 10/15/19.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19