Purchased the 223 for varmint hunting and later realized they're are some bullets that will allow the 223 to be an acceptable deer rifle in the right hands. My 9 year old son probably won't fall in the class of the right hands as I am seeing things now. On the other hand I see the 7.62 x 39, 6.5 G and the 300 BLK as very adiquit in a competent hunters hands. I feel under a mentored situation we can meet this bar quite readily.

As for hh4whiskey statement on the 308 cal 125 GR Partition @2300, I suppose we could load a 6.5 cal 125 GR partition for the 6.5 G to the same effect. This I am taking into consideration as well.

With proper hearing protection I expect either the 100 gr TSX @ 2700 or a 125 gr Partition @2300 from a 24 " barrel; - Amount to a horse a piece from the sensitive shooters prospective. We may give both a go in the real world to see how this plays out. Either should do a fine job on game.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19