Dan;
Thanks kindly for the reply.

Indeed if I can borrow a phrase from a fellow Canuck Dr. Jordan Peterson - when you say "the deletion of such obligations has implications never imagined" I would say as Dr. Peterson is wont to - "we don't know".

Honestly I often use that with folks when having discussions of such import - we really do not know how bad some of this will be for us as a species do we?

Obligations - now that's a $3 dollar word is it not? Would be $4.15 in Canadian Loonies, but still it's something so foreign in concept anymore isn't it?

When discussing disarming the population as a remedy for random societal violence, I often opine that we - you in the US as well I'd guess - do not have a "tool problem" in that the availability of tool X, Y or AR won't solve or enhance the issue.

We have - in Canada anyway - lost all concept of obligation, of being responsible for anything or anyone or ever answering to the same.

Years and years back I hear a black chap from Washington DC make that assessment and I totally agree with him now as I did then.

Thanks again for the reply and enlightened exchange this evening sir, I very much appreciate it.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"