Well spoken Pugs and I do not disagree. There are those who are self propelled and will rise above the fray, both young and old. I have the pleasure of consorting with a fair number of "kids" that are so inclined and they make me smile. As you suggest however, I don't think they are a majority and the trend is unsettling.

In recent times I have looked to the broader family population with intent to pass along some family heirlooms. It includes art, historical documents and yes, a few firearms, directed at cousins and their kids, most of which are out and about in the professional world successfully. One item as example, was a citation given to my paternal grandfather, signed by Blackjack Pershing, which described his actions in France as part of the AEF and provided basis for the General pinning a DSC on gramp's tunic. It boggled my brain the lengths I traveled trying to find a home for the print and medal. Another still vexes my soul. The maternal grandfather was a mover and shaker back in the day and partnered with a fellow to invent the process for concentrating citrus juice just prior to WW2. His first gun was a Win 1890 chambered in .22 WRF, purchased during the first decade of the last century. It shows its age to be sure, but has no insulting damage and it still shoots quite well. The gun and a couple thousand rounds of recent production ammo beg for a home. You see, they can't be bothered with such mundane things apparently.

I do my best to show them how to live, perhaps they have different plans. I pray they don't wake up some day wishing they had paid more attention and been more thoughtful when I made the offers.

Baffled here in the swamps,

DD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain