Thanks DD - your post is thought-provoking and well done. After having observed and worried about such degradation starting in the1960s, I feel responsible for not having done more to deal with the causes and drivers of the values shift.

In my field of endeavor I did try both strongly and consistently, but now realize that such individual work was feeble in the face of the breadth and depth of the challenge. Obviously, my lack of interest or enthusiasm toward being a political type or a social activist/organizer was a deficit in that regard. Simply not my natural or even learned manner of dealing with issues and challenges. Probably should have jumped out of the comfort zone.

However, I do see some things that give hope - both in the general populace and in the political realm - but mostly in some of the young folks with whom I am privileged to associate. My personal prep is much like that of Kaywoodie, but am still working with the hope seen in those growing and coming along. Freedom is a huge incentive in many humans.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron