Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by ironbender
He always reads the regs......

Except when he doesn’t.

thats a good one. Laughed on that part in the video.

Its a stupid law I'll stand by that even if Art rips me a new one. LOL. BUT I get it. Must be a reason for it.

I've never hunted SE AK and have never read that part of the book. One should read before they go.

And this damn ever need to film and take pictures and post things.... I don't get it much. The less you put out there the less you odds of making a mistake.

That said I'd love to see the video, but have not googled it. Arrow bouncing off is kind of weird, maybe it never actually touched the bear but a limb in front of. I"ve seen that on elk 2 times...

I know guides typically enforce the blood you are tagged thing. And I don't even care for that, having more than a few animals under the belt every now and then one is nicked that bleeds a bit but none the worse for wear. To be charged for that is stupid again, IMHO.

Bottom line stupid or not, law is the law and its up to you to know and follow. Don't like it don't hunt that area or state etc... Fairly simple IMHO.

And then if people would follow at least 2S things would be better generally.

The reasoning behind the law is simply there were hunters hitting bears and not finding them. a significant number of animals, especially bears were found with old bullets and wounds.

One inconsistency among many in hunting regs is shooting from boats. It is illegal in SE for big game. Illegal in PWS and on Kodiak for bears.

Arrow hit bone and deflected in the case at hand, but they found lots of blood.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.