Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Calvin
Still trying to wrap my head around an arrow hitting a rib and doing a 180

Like you have said before, so many other things can be involved. Same with this. Like I've said that arrow may never have even hit the bear. Hell if it didn't have blood on it why did they even look. An arrow cuts flesh IE if only the broadhead, its going to have blood, hair, fat etc... on it.

I'm not saying this to brag at all, but I quit counting deer/pigs taken with archery gear in the 90s. I was only born in the 60s. I was over 100 at that point. So I have put a few arrows through, past, over, under a few animals.

Animals CAN be quick enough to divert the direction of an arrow as it enters. I've seen plenty duck/whirl/move before an arrow gets there. I've seen arrows deflect off unseen and stupidly enough, seen things.

Like I said earlier I have not even looked for the purported video.

I have seen arrows shot from higher up, aimed down, IE out of tripods and the like, end up exiting HIGHER than the entry wound. I saw one once enter what should have been a perfect basically broadside lung shot get tweaked somehow and end up breaking the neck of the deer and exiting the TOP of the neck.

All that said the argument here is not if it was illegal. It was. Plain and simple. He was wrong, and he got caught. I dont' care for Ted much. One of our nephews loves him. I don't see the attraction. Loud mouthed and so.... I BUT he was wrong, and he was caught and paid the price.

What I would have done after the fact if I was offended, is to seek the intent of the law, heck I might have had an attorney seek it before the court date. WHY is the law in effect. What is the purpose, what is the goal of such law. And follow that up with was the intent of the results broken or not. IE what I'm assuming is to prevent a lost game animal rotting in the woods and not simply going out and continuing to shoot animals until you can find/recover one. I"d say the video should have...shown the animal was not worse for wear and that a fracas with another bear would have been likely much worse of a wound. End intent would be more to change/clarify/remove said law.

That being said wildlife laws are TOUGH. We have antler restrictions in TX. Goal is to allow bucks to mature more before being harvested so we would get more does bred. IT did that. Plus a LOT of other positives to the herd down there. That said it does not allow for the harvest of older bucks that don't meet the criteria of the restrictions. IE width. If you are trash antlers passing on your DNA and you never get to 13 inches inside spread, you cannot ever be harvested/removed from the DNA pool. There is almost NO way to write the law better. Maybe but not certainly anyway. Thankfully most of the local wardens more or less say if you are sure of age, then do what you have to do and just lets not talk about it again. Makes sense to me because folks that are mindful of quality know more about their deer than the wardens do actually.

Really need to make time to read those rules if you are going to whatever area.

I know the fishing rules on the Talkeetna/Su folks would ask me. My answer is rules. I carry a book in my left back pocket and an attorney in my right back pocket. Its not quite that bad but there are a LOT of rules.. and they change from one side of the river to the other etc... one creek to the next. One goes 1/4 mile up a creek, another 2 miles, but where do you measure the start? Oh they have GPS points... LMAO but to be right you have to follow to the T. Suspect as much as I laugh about the GPS points at least they are black and white so to speak.

After all that, there isn't a single person out there that has not broken a law at some point. Not intentionally likely for most of us, but its been done. Again why folks demand to publish tons of their own stuff publicly is beyond me. Yes I put a few pics on facebook, not to brag but to show folks that cannot make the trip, whats around up here.

For micromanage and convoluted fishing regs, it's hard impossible to "beat" the Kenai.

Fixt it for ya...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.