Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by rost495
stupid law if thats the case. and a bunch liberals, that part I get. Damn shame its illegal to....

Very old news and yes he broke the law. In SE AK the law has long been "draw blood and you are done." It was expanded to Kodiak bears at least 15 years ago.

Ted is eliding the obvious printing of the law in the book.He was not the only or first charged. millions to fight a misdemeanors? Bullshit! He was charged in Federal Courts and his repeat offender status was why...

Not limited to bears, Art, tho those are specifically spelled out. Definition of "hunt" overs all species statewide. Heck, if one wants to interpret that reg in it's most severe form, if you pick up a gun and leave the house with the intent to "hunt", you are all done for the day. Dontcha love lawyer-speak?

I think it is designed to give Brown Shirts wide latitude in writing citations. Fortunately, most of them are pretty responsible in that area, and don't want to look ridiculous in court.

High profile is going to get you extra attention- best to hew tightly (and know) the regs. Nugent has been lax (deliberately or otherwise in some, I don't know) in several instances. well, there was that C'mon Deer Here" baiting incident - that had to be deliberate.

Last edited by las; 10/23/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.