Originally Posted by REvans1957
Back in the early 80's when I bought my push feed Model 70 Featherweight, I also bought 150 rounds of R-P 7x57 brass. I can't find it anywhere now, nor can I find any other R-P head stamp brass. Has Remington quit selling brass? I used to shoot 140 grain Partitions with IMR 4350, but have now switched to 160 grainers and 47.0 grains of H4350. This rifle really likes that load and shoots 3 rounds into an inch if I do my part.

Check out the RL17 data in the latest Speer manual. I worked up to their max load in my M70 FWT push feed and saw no problems. According to the manual 2650 and change FPS. I shot three shot groups with two touching and one about .75" out of the group. It did that with most of the loads and I think playing with the seating depth will bring the odd shot out back into the group. I've had excellent results with RL17 and the 150 gr. Nosler Partition in the M70 FWT. Either load should work just fine to take an elk.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE