Originally Posted by catosilvaje
There was a Morman boy that would come to Paradice camp on the Selway in Idaho where I was a packer and guide. He said he had 58 brothers and sisters and DAD had 19 wives, All with different houses on a big ranch he owned. There was joy to the Lord when the Government checks came to the wives once a month. What a scam. Seems the CHURCH helped him buy the ranch and he gave them a cut of the checks his wives got monthly. This according to the boy, I don't know for sure but he told it as fact.

He wasn't a mormon boy, polygamy has been banned since the 1890's. Those practicing it or attempting to practice it will be excommunicated so fast it will make your head spin. Also I would add utah has some of the most strict anti polygamy laws in the nation. The state has also actively prosecuted groups that practice it, finding crimes that have been committed against under age girls etc. To say utah has turned its eye to this is flat out BS. They have went after it actually in my view.

man I wish people were more informed about things. The LDS chruch, mormon church's official name is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. That would indicate that we also believe in Christ, don't you think? We believe in the bible and lastly anyone that practices polygamy or attempts to will be thrown out of the church.