Originally Posted by efw
I had a couple young missionaries stop by my place recently. Very fine young men who demonstrate a courage of conviction rare outside of Leftist circles these days.

When they found out I was an old school Protestant Christian they downplayed differences between us while suggesting I could benefit from converting. When I asked to what I’d be converted since there are so few differences between us according to their former line of argumentation they were baffled.

I won’t claim to know anything much about Mormonism beyond the fact that by their own claim they’re not Christians in the strict, confessional sense. There are many differences amongst Christian sects, but the Orthodox, Romanist, and (historic) Protestants all agree on a set of small-c catholic (or universal) creeds including the Apostles, Athanasian, and Nicene.

One can agree or disagree with the substance of those creeds I have no problem with that, but if that isn’t Christianity then words don’t mean anything at all except what the individual saying them says they do. That’s relativism and Leads to nothing but nihilism.

When cuminscowboy says “we believe in Jesus” that’s hyper vague. The historically Christian definition of that phrase is found in those creeds, and Mormons don’t believe them.

I don’t know how or why, but they wouldn’t feel the need to, onone hand downplay differences, while then turning around and trying to convert me otherwise.

Just my $.02...

Your 2 cents worth is worth a ticket to eternity in heaven.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin