Originally Posted by JGRaider

Since you're hunting 1x1 even with package 4, how do you get extra days at 2x1 price?

You don't. If the package price is set at 1x1, then extra days are added at the 1x1 rate. If the package is priced as a 2x1 hunt then extra days are priced at the 2x1 rate. This is because he has to hire the extra PH's and each hunter has their own PH, or each "team" has their own PH, tracker and own hunting truck.

One last point I need to put out up front. If you don't shoot all the animals in the package, you don't get a refund of the un-shot animals. After being there twice I can positively state that if you don't shoot all the animals on your quota in your package, the ONLY reason will be because you weren't fast enough on the trigger and/or the sticks. YES, there are that many animals on the property. If Gerhard puts you on mid 50's trophy kudu or better for example and YOU decide not to shoot hoping for something bigger/better and one doesn't materialize, don't even think about asking for a refund as the answer will be NO - period. The primary reason I strongly recommend adding a couple of extra days is if you're looking at any trophies, the extra days will let you be a bit more selective on the trophies you do pull the trigger on.

What you can do is exchange trophy animals for culls or vice versa, but again, if you don't shoot them all NO REFUNDS. You can also add extra trophies and culls to a package at the stated individual ala carte rate.

If this is not someone's particular "cup of tea" but would still like to hunt there, you should probably go with a straight daily rate hunt and pay for each individual animal, cull or trophy, you take. If you "do the math", you'll pretty quickly see that he has these packages priced pretty reasonably even IF you leave a couple of culls alive in the bush.

Between my Jun 2019 trip with Bob and the Aug trip with my wife, between the four of us we took 55+ head of game in a total of 13 hunting days. Some were trophy and the bulk were culls.

Last edited by M3taco; 11/24/19.