Labman:

No, culls are both. On both trips there last year most (50%+) of the impala culls were rams with just a few ewes and the blue w/b were mostly (50%+) cows.

My wife and I did pkg #3 on our trip in Aug. I let her do most of the shooting since I'd already been there once. As many animals as there are on the property and this was a true walk and stalk hunting and not just riding in the back of the bakkie all day or sitting at a waterhole (not legal under Bots game laws), taking that many in just 6-days is still challenging. The story I mentioned about her taking 3 impala the first morning not the norm for the trip. Has NOTHING to do with her hunting or shooting skills, she's routinely taken dozens of 250yd headshots on gemsbok, blue w/b and red h/b. It's this is true hunting and we got busted more times than not due to the number of game. We'd see a herd, start the stalk thru the bush and get busted by another herd we didn't see, or giraffe or birds or monkeys or baboons etc.

If you want to add a few trophy species to pkg #3, I'd highly suggest you add a couple of extra days too. This will give you more time to really look over the herds and pass up a few and be very selective about what you do take. And as I've mentioned, when shooting culls, they are quickly field dressed, position marked on GPS and you keep hunting till noon or dark. When take a "trophy" the hunt pretty much stops until the animal gets back to the skinning shed to ensure the skins get properly taken care of quickly. The property is so large that you could loose a couple of hours going back to the skinning shed and then back out hunting again. Since pkg #3 is done as a 2x1, this means both hunters stop for either ones trophy animal. IF you and a friend decide to go and do #3, make sure you both understand this and discuss if either of you want to add extra trophy species and extra days.

Still room for two more in Jun and Aug but you'll have to add extra days. Since Bob and I are each doing 1x1 in Jun, IF someone is interested in #3 but no one to go with to take the other 1/2, I'll fill that with you as long as you add the extra days. I can't do that for the Aug trip since the first gentleman to commit wants pkg #4 and I've committed to taking one of the four spots for that one to help make sure he goes. Just need two more to sign on to pkg #4 for Aug. IF someone is even remotely interested in #3 and adding some trophies, I strongly suggest you "run the numbers" and you too might find pkk #4 is a hell of a good deal.