Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Okay, here is the bad part...

Traeger pellets are not what they claim. They are alder with all sorts of nasty schit additives to make it taste like different woods. Throw whatever pellets you have away. Unless they are alder...

If you cannot taste the difference in pellets cut off your head and throw it away. It obviously was not working anyway...

Originally Posted by flagstaff
I had been looking at buying a pellet smoker for a year or three. Cost of the smoker and my wife not being fond of smoked food made me pull up short.

After a family Thanksgiving last week where various dishes came out of the smoker, I decided I'm gonna get one. I bought a used Traeger Elite 34 that had the update controller and two temperature probes. I gave $450 which included a hopper full of hickory pellets and a smoker cover.

I'm looking forward to using the smoker. Wife is very unhappy I got it. She's not listening to any of it.

Any advice on using a pellet smoker? Different woods? Pros and cons of my smoker?

Simple fact is a box with shelves and a smoke source is not a difficult parameter to get over.

I suggest a batch of pastrami followed by a batch of smoked salmon...

So what pellets do you recommend?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.