Originally Posted by flagstaff
I had been looking at buying a pellet smoker for a year or three. Cost of the smoker and my wife not being fond of smoked food made me pull up short.

After a family Thanksgiving last week where various dishes came out of the smoker, I decided I'm gonna get one. I bought a used Traeger Elite 34 that had the update controller and two temperature probes. I gave $450 which included a hopper full of hickory pellets and a smoker cover.

I'm looking forward to using the smoker. Wife is very unhappy I got it. She's not listening to any of it.

Any advice on using a pellet smoker? Different woods? Pros and cons of my smoker?

The wood taste of a Traeger grill is mild at best. Nothing like a old fashioned smoker where you have to keep it stoked with hardwoods.

The latter gives a better flavor in my opinion, but the former is much easier to use, as long as it works correctly.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.