Originally Posted by frogman43

I entered a local BBQ competition 3 weeks after buying the smoker, and ended up with three "Call's". Third Place Pork Rib's, Second Place Pork Butt, First Place brisket. I tell you that just to show you that even though I hadn't had much experience with a Pellet Smoker, they are extremely easy to use and produce quality results! Spending $90 on a Prime Brisket, you don't want to disappoint! There's a tremendous amount of knowledge out there online, just search for recipes you like and experiment....that's the only true way to get good at this craft!

Good Luck and enjoy!

frog, happy for your success.

But therein lies the rub......................due to the popularity and ease of use, them dang 'every man should own one" pellet smokers have every Billy Bob and their uncles smokin' briskets and such and drove the price up on what used to be an economy cut. Now a regular Joe can't hardly afford one.

Used to be nice when real men used a shell from an old fridge, a charcoal bowl from an old burnt out Smokey Joe, and some chunks of real wood to smoke cheap cuts and fish.

Along with the TV cooking shows increasing the popularity of flank steak, I can't get the cheaper cuts I used to. Same with tongue.

As long as liver remains unpopular I'll at least have something I like to eat that I can afford on a fixed income.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?