Looking closely at a Weathermark Mark V for a 6.5 Creed mid range hunting platform. Handled one in a different caliber recently, and everything looked top notch. Super smooth action, great trigger. One thing kinda caught my eye, though- apparently Weatherby intentionally engineers a contact point between the stock and barrel towards the front end of the stock to improve accuracy on light sporter profile rifles. I know they know more about barrel harmonics than I ever will, but this just seems counterintuitive to everything I've ever learned about rifles- any pressure on a barrel can and will change with different rests, conditions or temperatures and inconsistency equals loss of accuracy.

So, who has experience with this? Accurate across a range of conditions as is, or would it be worthwhile to consider removing that contact point and bedding the action to the stock instead? How far do I make it on the idiocy scale for entertaining the idea of taking a dremel to the stock of a $1200 rifle? Thanks for any input.