Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Have you considered a Tikka?

I have looked at the Tikkas, but they are lacking some features, that I prefer such as a floor plate and a weather resistant coating such as Cerakote. I know a person could buy one and have it cerakoted or paint it himself, but I want a rifle that's ready to hunt hard, right out of the box. I don't know about how much a problem it is or how true it is, but I keep reading on the internet about stainless Tikka rifles rusting even after some pre treatment such as oiling the gun. Of course you know how the internet is, there is a bunch of bullsh%t flying around, keyboard cowboys get big and say about anything. I realize stainless on about any rifle can rust, that's why I want a little extra protection on it such as Cerakote. I own two model 700 right hand XCR rifles that have the Trinyte finish on them, I have never seen the first sign of rust on those rifles after hunting in wet harsh conditions. Also I might add that those rifle don't get wiped down everyday after being in the field on dry days, there is no need to. Remington made those XCR rifles in a left hand version years ago, but I failed to act on buying one.

After saying all that, I wouldn't completely rule out a stainless Tikka in the future, but I have my sights set on other rifles right now.

NEVER GIVE UP