Originally Posted by OXN939
[/quote].............You make good points. However it would be difficult for most Bee fans imo, to acquire a Mk5 chambered in non Weatherby rounds. Especially in a less powerful round like the Creed when ya got the 257 and 270 Wby Mags as other choices...Also and I could be wrong; Wby fans asscociate the MK5 with the higher performing Weatherby rounds...I do!

I hear ya indeed. Like I said before, I aspire one day to be a legitimate Weatherby owner with one in the correct caliber. Maybe if this one's a tack driver, it'll make up my mind to pursue that idea down the road. However, for the time being, I don't have access to reloading equipment and would rather get lots of trigger time becoming intuitively familiar with my rifle than be only a decent shot with an ultra high speed round for the same cost. The idea is a lower 48 hunting rig that can keep MOA systemic accuracy to 500 with adequate expansion from copper monolithic ammunition, and I think a Weathermark in 6.5 Creed seems to fit the bill. [/quote].....................I understand ya........The Creed imo serves its purpose as being perhaps the most practical 6.5mm cartridge............Low recoil, lower ammo costs, hi bullet BCs for better downrange performance,,etc and etc......The Creed has everything any 6.5 mm aficionado would want.......

My problem with it, is commonality. Damn thing is too popular. Certainly not a good reason for not wanting to own one I suppose, But some like me prefer the less common, less practical and more exotic rounds. A 300 WSM is the most common cartridge I own followed up by the 375 Ruger....A 6.5/300 Bee is quite appealing though....LOL

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger