Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Fotis: I really like my 240. As always very accurate and surprisingly LIGHT. Speaking of light, the new 340 Weathermark I just purchased is also well balanced and very light as compared to say, an Accumark.

Several years ago, I have a 240 weatherby Accumark which weighs 7.3 ounces, it shoots old Southgate 100 grain factory spitzers into a very tiny group. I will run Barnes 80 TTSX for deer thru it next month.
Have you weighed your Weathermark? I would be interested to see what it weighs in at , any Mark V I have bought in the past with a synthetic stock weighed 8+ pounds. My 7 WBY Accumark weighs 8lb.10 ounces but it has a HS precision stock which is an upgrade over the B&C stock they put in later Accumarks, it is a hammer as well.

Several years ago, I tried the 80 TTSX in my .240 at 3,600 fps on a WT doe at 100+ yds. It blew out a huge chunk of the chest wall, went thru the chest cavity with only min. damage. Doe ran over a 150 yds in the wood, had to be found at night with flashlights. NOT impressive.

Some say mono's don't have a velocity ceiling. Not sure about that. A low S.D. bullet at hypervelocity can do some strange things on critters. I'm now shooting 100 NPT's in my .240, over MRP. Best group so far, 3 shot 1.7" at 400 yds. Doubt I could do that again, but the gun did it once. And, I know, three shot group...

It's an HS Precision SPL now in a Hunters Edge. Sold the 42 oz HS stock, Hunters Edge weighs 26 oz. I don't buy HS stuff, still remember the Lon Horiuchi fiasco, traded for this rifle, used. So, HS didn't make a dime off this deal. They do make good stuff, although I think their stocks are a bit heavy.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Well, that is interesting, I wonder how it would do high shoulder? I will handload for this thing for next year but in the meantime looking for factory ammo for it right now. I have 3 boxes of 100 grain spitzers currently and 2 boxes of 80 grain TTSX coming in the next week. If I could find 100 grain partitions that would be the bullet of choice. I am hunting the middle of January next year so time is not on my side to handload it . Overall I am pretty pleased with both of my Accumarks. I have not weighed the stocks or even thought of replacing them. .