Originally Posted by OXN939
Originally Posted by Rugerfan4374

The Mark V and the Vanguard deluxe are both bedded and barrels are floated ( bought both of them used that way). The 300 Weatherby is straight out of the box, no bedding and there is a slight pressure point. Can't find a reason to mess with it.

I'm justifying spending this amount of dineros by seeing the bedding idea as a backup- I'll shoot it, see if it achieves the tiny little Weatherby groups you often hear about, and if not, bust out my dremel and Marine Tex.

Originally Posted by John55

My old buddy Jorge is a Wby purist, he can’t stand a Wby cartridge in anything but their rifles, and can’t own a Wby rifle chambered to anything but one of their cartridges!

I do wish dearly I could afford to feed a rifle in a Weatherby-specific cartridge... a guy can dream.

Again very few rifles do not have a foreend tip when they are put in a synthetic stock. These manufacturers will not bother putting in a dab of epoxy behind the lug. Bergara Premier Mountain, Barrett Fieldcraft are layed up stocks. If you can afford a new Weathermark then you surely can afford a weatherby specific cartridge.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 12/10/19.