Originally Posted by Reloder28
I had both of my Mk V’s “speed bumps” cut out. Both rifles, 7 Wby UL & 280 UL are extremely accurate after the sanding & bedding, not so prior. Both are repeatable & predictable in accuracy with several bullet weights. The 280 UL is especially comfortable to shoot & carry.

Your concern is quite valid. I have only seen two Wby’s that actually preferred the pressure point, both were 300 Wby’s. I have worked with about a dozen MK V’s other than my five.

So now that's my decision... do I want to spend that kind of money on a rifle that I know has a potential design flaw that I may have to "fix?" Not that doing a bedding job is a big deal- I've gotten my Marine Tex and Kiwi shoe polish technique down pretty well at this point. Tough call, though. Several other rifles that are close to the same price point do not share such a concern (Bergara Premier Mountain, Barrett Fieldcraft) but have Remington 700 style two position safeties which I don't like, and I've never been able to find either to see in person. Decisions, decisions.