Great buck bja105! Congrats to the boy.

I hunted past Fri, didn’t see anything in my morning and evening sits. Mid-day we hit the game lands and bounced a couple, never saw them but tracks said doe and yearling.

Saturday we drove some scattered farm lots like we always do. Our youngest hunter killed a 6-pt (4x2) on the first drive. We got some 3 doe after that. I Got one of them, though wished it had a bit more meat. It was by itself and standing in some brush. I saw no antlers and picked a window to shoot through. A little ground shrinkage as I walked up to it.

Jumped two other bucks, one was pretty good but he got out of there before we were even in the woods. Other one ended up getting killed by hunters on neighboring property, no lie close to 20 shots fired by the time it was done, was a real cluster. Last drive I found a dandy 10-pt (3.5-4.5 yr old) dead and not recovered.

Overall deer numbers seem a bit down compared to previous years, going to have to lay off the doe and hope the neighbors do the same. At 40, the deer drive (or nudges as we call them) are starting to loose their luster. If I am going to shoot a running deer I prefer to do it alone in the woods, tracking or still hunting.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's