Originally Posted by Judman
Lotsa shiit will work, I’ve done it, in probably the “worst” elk hunting conditions possible, nothing hurts em right now like a big chunk of lead started out 2800 FPS or so... I’ve killed and seen several killed with 22’s, 243, 6mm, 25/06 etc... huntin dry states, ie, not western Washington, Oregon or North Idaho, I’d use about anything, the aforementioned states are a total different game...

Some guys dont get that chidt. My boss wont hunt here. He much prefers montana. Hes killed a truck load of bulls. Uses one rifle. Doesnt really enjoy handloading for that 1 rifle. Doesnt shoot nearly as much as i do. To me, having just 1 rifle would be absolutely boring, as ive shot elk with ruger m77 mkII's, cz550, Winchester model 70's, sporterized m1917's and a myriad of cartridges. Those being 30-06, 300wsm, 338wm, 9.3x62mm. They all work, just got to put that bullet in the right place. However, i think my favorite is always going to be the daddy of the 7mm rem mag, the 338wm. Lets face it, thats why they made the 338.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA