Although not my favorite bullet, I think the 210gr NPT is probably the best all around bullet for this cartridge. Has worked admirably on deer and elk. Recovered on out of an elk that had lost it's front half.

The 180gr NAB has worked very good on deer for a friend of mine. No elk results yet... maybe he will draw a tag in 2020.

200gr Hornady SP has worked on deer/antelope.

210gr TSX is fantastic on elk, but a little hard for deer IMO.

200gr Ballistic silvertip was used on two deer this past fall and seems a little soft, tremendous meat loss and recovered one that had jacket separation. Was hoping for a little tougher bullet as MD has always stated the 200 BT was tough. I am not going to risk a bucket list hunt on bullet performance I am not 100% behind.

My son and I are going to SE Alaska this coming spring for a black bear hunt. I was always taking a 338-06. Just found out my next 338-06 should be coming back from the smith's in the next week or so. My son was planning on using my 300 H&H, but is now going to use the 338-06.

Going to work up load using the 210gr TTSX after the experiencing the softness of the Ballistic silvertip. If the rifles will not shoot that bullet, will try the 210gr TSX, then 200gr NAB, 210gr NPT and finally the Hornady 200gr SP if needed.

IMO experience black bears are soft animals, but I want two holes. Especially if they make it off the beach into the thick stuff.

Arcus Venator