I know a few guys like that. One uses BLR/308, another a Mod 700 BDL .270, another the same rifle but in 25-06. I grew up poor, got frustrated with "make do" from 11 to 16 until I bought my own "deer gun", a Mod 94 Classic carbine. I didn't use another until I got out of the Army. Being now newly married to the Love of my Life and the next year a father of twin girls...I was only "not quite so poor". So, I began using, trying out, then selling or trading to obtain another ( never accumulated). I also learned a lot by working up loads for friend's rifles. I didn't really "keep" more than a couple rifles until I moved to Utah. By 1993, I was a 280AI and a 338WM fan. Then...I tried to settle on one rifle for everything....too late, I was "ruint", had to find a way to keep 4-5, from varmints to Buffalo, ha. Now, as I am slowing down, 3-4 keep me busy at the range and/or hunting. I like to take a spare rifle on any long or booked hunt away from home area, so any rifle I have beyond the .223 ( I mean you HAVE to have a varmint/predator rifle!, right?) has to at least be "elk capable" ( I justify it this way :)) . Life is short...way too short to use just ONE rifle! smile

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 12/28/19.