I did not take it as everyone with little skill, overestimates their skill, just some.

Just like the blanket statement man with one gun is not universally true.

Some of those guys may have the Syndrome, some of the one gun guys you probably should be aware of, and some are just too busy, practical, or utilitarian to have more than one rifle and waste time and money on ammunition.

My Dad has pretty much used a 760 in 270 since the very early 70's. With the exception of a 7600 I had rebored to 338-06 for elk hunting. He used it for three elk hunts and went back to his 270 and 150gr partitions.

Up until his age related decline (currently 81 yo), he was a very good shot. Growing up in the 40's and 50's he supplied many small game meals for his family and shot many pheasants in the head with 22's for the table.

He was warned to maybe pull a few shots while qualifying in the national guard because they were looking for Vietnam snipers. Has put plenty of critters in the freezer over the years. Elk, caribou, black bear, deer, antelope, coyotes have all fallen.

Now if you look at his fishing gear....that is another story. He is a certified fishing looney.

Arcus Venator