I started making half-jacket bullets for my 303 British when I was fifteen years old. This should qualify me as a budding looney at that time. I also had read and re-read Ackleys handbooks and had Dupont ballistic charts on my wall. I refinished my first stock at thirteen.
Over the years, I have owned and used a 6.5 Jap (Type I), a half dozen 45/70's, and 3 different Savage 99's. I have also rechambered a Savage 219 in 30/30 to 30/40 Krag. Speaking of 30/40's, I have, in addition to the Savage, had another half dozen of them. I have owned some 94 Winchesters and have had 30/30's in several different rifles. I currently have hunting rifles in 257 Roberts, 256 Newton, 6.5x55, 7x57, 30/40, 35 whelen, and 45/70, among others. I have at least five 308's, only one 30/06. I do have a Creedmoor but wear a disguise when I shoot it. I own two muzzle loaders and a couple revolvers. I have dies for several cartridges for which I don't have rifles. The stack of magzines and old Gun Digests takes up 25% of the available floor space in the bathroom. Bolt Action Rifles is still exciting reading.
The question is; am I now certifiable as a looney? GD