I have more experience with the 200-210's. I have used 200 gr Hornady Interlock, and Nosler ballistic silvertip on deer/antelope. The Nosler seemed softer with more meat damage. I recovered the separated jacket of the Nosler in a mature SD mule deer from this past fall on the offside next to the skin. I have some 200gr Hornady SST's that shoot fantastic, but have not used them on game yet.

I have also used the 210gr NPT and TSX on deer and elk. The TSX penetrates like crazy and the partition was, simply put, a partition performance wise.

The 180 NAB shoots very good in a friends rifle and worked as expected on a mature Black Hills whitetail.
I know another gentleman and his daughter who used the old 180gr Nosler BT on two bison here in SD with no issues.
I am working with the 185 TTSX and GMX right now, but have not found a load yet.

There is a guy on the "elk killing rifle" thread in the elk forum that really likes the 160gr Barnes and has used it with much success on a variety of animals in Africa and NA. His preference is that bullet and the 210gr NPT.

H4895 is a solid powder for the round but velocities are a touch slower than Varget. It is an easy round to load for and hope you really enjoy it.

Last edited by CRS; 01/08/20.

Arcus Venator