Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
That's the weight bullets I want to try. How have the 180s been for you. I tried 180g NBT in my .338 Winchester, but they were not accurate in it. The only bullet it didn't like so far.

I really liked 210 partitions with H4350 and RL17 around 2700 seemed to be the sweet spot.

Ever try H-380 with that bullet?

DF

No, but it might be worth a try. I think it's going to be a bit fast for 210gr+ .

Seafire and Gunner500 put me on it. I’ve found it to be very accurate. From what I gather, it’s their powder of choice for this round. It’s slower than Varget, which is another really good performer.

61 gr H-380 with a 200 gr CT (black NBT) grouped .65” at a hundred. My sub MOA groups with 160 TTSX and 210 NPT were both with Varget. Will try H-380 with those.

My can of H-380 was just sitting there, not being used. I use Varget in other rounds. If H-380 does what I think it will do, I’ll dedicate that can to this round, save my Varget for the others.

DF

You can easily, and with plenty of room in the case get 2800+ fps with H-380 in a 338-06 and 210gr Partitions, I don't have my load book handy, but I'd start at 60 grains and go up with a chrono, damn stuff burns clean pressured up a bit too, and accuracy is ridiculously good.

Trump Won!